i took out some ground beef to defrost with no plan — nothing sounded good — tacos, chili, enchiladas, etc…. then i remembered a friend mentioning awhile ago that she had made some yummy keema from ground beef… we love indian so i figured i’d find a recipe and try it! this didnt disappoint.. kinda reminded me of indain tacos i served with tj’s garlic naan and jasmine rice.
Keema (Indian-Style Ground Meat)
adapted from allrecipes
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 tablespoons garam masala
- 2 teaspoon salt
- 8 teaspoons tomato paste
- 1.5 cup beef broth
- 1-2 cups green beans
- In a large heavy skillet over medium heat, cook ground beef until evenly brown.
- While cooking, break apart with a wooden spoon until crumbled.
- Transfer cooked beef to a bowl, and drain off all but 1 tablespoon fat.
- Saute onion until soft and translucent, about 5 minutes.
- Stir in garlic, and saute 1 minute.
- Stir in garam masala and salt, and cook 1 minute.
- Return the browned beef to the pan, and stir in tomato paste and beef broth.
- Reduce heat, and simmer for 10 to 15 minutes or until meat is fully cooked through, and liquid has evaporated.
- about 1/2 way through simmering i added the green beans