tacos, burritos, enchiladas, mexican – i love it all 🙂 this recipe was pretty healthy and easy and quick to make. served with some salsa and guac YUM-O 🙂 my friend kim (whose blog you should definitely check out) introduced me to the 100 cal pack of guac — perfect for portion control and they’re delicious!
- 1/4 cup water (i doubled)
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice (i doubled)
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder (i doubled)
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin (i doubled)
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper (i doubled)
- 1/8 teaspoon ground red pepper (i doubled)
- 2 cups shredded rotisserie chicken breast (i used a whole rotisserie chicken)
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced green onions (i used 3 green onions white & green parts)
- 3/4 cup canned black beans, rinsed and drained (i used the whole can)
- 1/2 cup refrigerated fresh salsa (i doubled)
- 4 (8-inch) flour tortillas (ended up using 7 or 8 i think)
- 1/2 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese (used shredded mexican blend)
- Cooking spray
1. Bring first 6 ingredients to a boil in a small saucepan. Stir in shredded chicken and green onions.
2. Combine beans and salsa. Spoon 1/4 cup bean mixture and 1/2 cup chicken mixture down center of each tortilla; sprinkle with 2 tablespoons cheese. Roll up.
3. Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Coat pan with cooking spray. Add 2 burritos. Place a cast-iron or other heavy skillet on top of burritos, and cook for 3 minutes on each side. Remove from pan, and repeat procedure with the remaining 2 burritos.