i watched rachael ray make these steaks on her 30 minute meal show last week and thought to myself – YUM-O! i modified the recipe slightly based on what i had in the house. i served them with some roasted tri-color potatoes from tj’s and dole light caesar salad. the end result is DELICIOUS!!
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 4 tenderloin steaks about 1 1/4-inch thick (i used 5)
- 2 scallions, whites and greens
- 8 to 10 fresh sage leaves (i didnt have any so i sprinkled some dry sage instead)
- A handful flat-leaf parsley (left this out)
- 1 cup Gorgonzola crumbles
Preheat oven to 450 degrees F.
Season the steaks with salt and pepper. Rub with a clove of cut garlic. Coat the steaks lightly in extra-virgin olive oil.
heat a skillet over high heat. Add the steaks and caramelize the meat on both sides, a minute and a half per side should do it.
Turn the oven off. Top the meat with the gorgonzola and transfer the skillet to the oven. Let the meat sit in the hot oven 4 to 5 minutes. The Gorgonzola will melt down over the meat and the steaks will be tender and pale pink inside.