i needed to use up the rest of those strawberries 😀 and was at the mercy of what i had in the pantry – i searched and searched and finally decided on this recipe. i doubled the recipe to make a 9×13 pan. its ok – nothing spectacular.
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 1/2 cups sliced fresh strawberries
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup sugar (i used 1/2 white 1/2 brown)
- 1/4 cup cold butter
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans (left these out)
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. In another bowl, beat the egg, milk and butter. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Pour into a greased 8-in. square baking dish. Top with strawberries.
- For topping, combine flour and sugar in a bowl; cut in butter until crumbly. Stir in pecans if desired; sprinkle over strawberries.
- Bake at 375 degrees F for 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cut into squares; serve warm.