this has been a favorite in the house for a while now. its quick and easy and tasty — this was actually the first time i made it with the walnuts. i think we both preferred it without the walnuts actually – they took away from the flavors of goat cheese, but either way its good! oh and i never use macaroni – usually shells or some other pasta that catches the goat cheese 🙂
- 3/4 pound macaroni pasta
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, halved
- One 9-ounce bag spinach
- Salt and pepper
- 6 ounces goat cheese, broken into chunks
- 3/4 cup chopped walnuts, toasted
Add 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper when cooking the garlic.
- In a large pot of boiling, salted water, cook the pasta until al dente. Drain, reserving 1/4 cup cooking water, and return to the pot.
- Meanwhile, in a medium skillet, heat the olive oil over medium heat. Add the garlic and cook until golden, about 4 minutes. Stir in the tomatoes, spinach and the reserved pasta water and cook until heated through, about 4 minutes. Season with salt and pepper. Stir into the pasta along with the goat cheese. Transfer to a serving dish and sprinkle the walnuts on top.