we had a busy weekend – recital, dress rehearsal, running for the husband, gymming for me, grocery shopping, yard work, and other odds and ends. friday and saturday nights were fend for yourself night. tonight needed to be an easy night as well and i came across this recipe while looking for a way to use up the rotisserie chicken i got at costco. it was quick and easy and we both really liked it! i doubled the ingredients for the sauce. i served it with tj’s garlic parmesan potatoes (which i found neither garlicy nor parmesany and also needed a ton of salt) and some coleslaw.
- 1/2 cup no-salt-added ketchup
- 1 tablespoon dark brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/8 teaspoon ground allspice
- 2 cups shredded skinless, boneless rotisserie chicken breast
- 1. Combine first 10 ingredients in a small saucepan over medium heat. Bring to a simmer; cook 3 minutes or until slightly thick, stirring occasionally. Add chicken to ketchup mixture; stir to combine. Cook 2 minutes or until chicken is thoroughly heated.