rachael ray almost never disappoints. this pork dish was quick and easy and filling. the husband loved it. i thought it could use more seasoning and flavor. next time i’ll add cumin, garlic and maybe some other stuffs. i did add a can of black beans to the veggies which was a good addition! i served this over vigo yellow rice..
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- One 1 1/4-pound boneless pork loin, halved lengthwise and thinly sliced crosswise (i used 4 boneless pork chops)
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- Salt and pepper
- 2 cups frozen bell pepper strips, thawed and patted dry
- 1 bunch scallions, green portions thinly sliced, white portions finely chopped
- 1 1/2 cups frozen corn kernels, thawed (i didnt thaw – just threw them in)
- 1 can of black beans, rinsed
- In a large skillet, heat 2 tablespoons olive oil over high heat, swirling to coat the pan. Add the pork to the skillet in an even layer and season with the chili powder, 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Cook, stirring, until just brown all over, 2 to 3 minutes. Transfer the pork and any juices to a plate. Add the remaining 1 tablespoon olive oil, the bell peppers, corn, black beans and finely chopped scallions to the skillet and cook, stirring, until crisp-tender, about 2 minutes.
- Return the pork and any juices to the skillet and cook, stirring, until heated through, about 1 minute. Stir in the sliced scallions.