this pasta dish was meant to be a cold pasta salad.. we ate it as dinner warm. it should be eaten as a cold pasta salad 🙂 its not bad warm, but its better cold. i also didnt have fresh thyme so i used dried – definitely use fresh! i don’t think i liked this enough to make it again!
- 8 ounces uncooked gemelli (short twisted tube pasta) (i used a whole box of fusili)
- 1 cup (1 1/2-inch) cut haricots verts (about 4 ounces) (i used frozen – a few handfuls)
- 1/2 cup chopped shelled pistachios
- 2 tablespoons fresh thyme leaves, divided (i used dried)
- 2 tablespoons grated lemon rind, divided
- 1 tablespoon minced shallots
- 2 tablespoons Champagne or white wine vinegar (i used apple cider vinegar)
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed (i used 5)
- 5 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 ounce shaved fresh Parmesan cheese (about 1/3 cup)
- 1. Cook the pasta according to package directions, omitting salt and fat. Add haricots verts during the final 2 minutes of cooking. Drain and rinse pasta mixture under cold water; drain well.
- 2. Place the pasta mixture, pistachios, 1 tablespoon thyme, and 1 tablespoon lemon rind in a large bowl; toss gently to combine.
- 3. Combine remaining 1 tablespoon thyme, remaining 1 tablespoon lemon rind, shallots, Champagne or white wine vinegar, and garlic in a small bowl, stirring well with a whisk. Gradually add olive oil, stirring constantly with a whisk. Add salt and black pepper; stir with a whisk. Drizzle over pasta mixture, and toss gently to coat. Top each serving with Parmesan cheese.