we had some bananas going brown so of course i had to use them up – my usual choco chip banana bread sounded way too heavy so i decided to try something different. these came out really good and not as heavy as the bread!
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, melted
- 3/4 cup light brown sugar
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 large ripe bananas, mashed (about 1 cup)
- 1 cup fresh strawberries, cut into bite sized pieces
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Position rack in center of oven. Line 12 muffin cups with muffin liners or spray with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a small saucepan melt the butter. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl whisk together the brown sugar, eggs, vanilla extract and mashed banana. Add the melted butter and stir to combine.
- In another large bowl combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt. Fold in the berries, making sure they are coated with flour.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and stir just until combined.
- Divide the batter evenly among the 12 muffin cups. Bake until muffin tops are golden and just firm, 20 to 24 minutes, rotating halfway through baking time. Cool muffins in muffin tin for 5 minutes, then transfer to wire rack and cool 5 minutes before serving.