you’ve probably noticed i haven’t posted in awhile. between a trip to montreal and the husband being away on a business trip , i havent been cooking. tonight the husband requested salty buttery pasta. i think i found the perfect recipe. it tasted really good, but it was definitely a little too buttery/greasy.
Brown Butter Pasta Recipe
adapted from Leite’s Culinaria
- Kosher salt, to taste
- 1 box of linguine
- 1 cup unsalted butter
- 3/4 cup pine nuts
- 4 eggs
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Freshly grated Parmigiano-Reggiano and nutmeg, to taste
1. Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil and add pasta; cook, stirring occasionally, until al dente, about 7-8 minutes. Set a strainer over a bowl; drain the pasta, reserving 1/2 cup pasta cooking water, and set aside.
2. Melt the butter in a 12-inch skillet over medium heat. Add pine nuts and cook, stirring often, until golden brown, about 10 minutes. Using a slotted spoon, transfer pine nuts to a bowl. Working in two batches, crack the eggs into butter and cook, spooning butter over yolks, until whites are set but yolks are still runny, about 3 minutes. Transfer eggs to a plate and keep warm. Add pasta and half the pine nuts to skillet and toss until hot. Stir in some of the reserved pasta water to create a sauce, and season with salt and pepper.
3. To serve, divide pasta between 4 serving plates and top each serving with a fried egg. Sprinkle pasta with remaining pine nuts, Parmigiano-Reggiano, and nutmeg.