this morning tacos sounded good for dinner but we didnt have lettuce or tomatoes, so i figured i’d stop by trader joes before picking up munchkin #1 from school and pick that up. i did get to trader joes, but completely forgot i wanted lettuce and tomatoes for dinner 🙂 instead i made this delicious pizza! the goat cheese and arugula cut the sweetness of the apples. YUM
Apple, Goat Cheese, and Pecan Pizza
adapted from cooking light
- 1 tube pillsbury pizza dough
- Cooking spray
- 2 apples thinly sliced (i used one gala and one pink lady)
- 5 oz crumbled goat cheese
- 1/2 t dried thyme (fresh would have been awesome)
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard (i used grainy)
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 1/2 teaspoons honey
- 2 cups baby arugula
- 3 tablespoons chopped pecans, toasted
- 1. Preheat oven to 450°.
- 2. Place pizza crust on a baking sheet coated with cooking spray. Arrange apple slices evenly over pizza crust; top with cheese. Sprinkle thyme evenly over cheese. Bake at 450° for 8 minutes or until cheese melts and begins to brown.
- 3. Combine oil and next 3 ingredients (through honey) in a medium bowl, stirring with a whisk. Add arugula; toss gently to coat. Sprinkle pecans evenly over pizza; top with arugula mixture.