this has been a favorite dessert for a few years now! its tasty, easy, and everyone loves it! you can use any fruit preserves but the raspberry is really good – the tartness balances our really well with the sweetness of the cookie crust. an 8×8 pan does not last 24 hours in our house 🙂
raspberry streusel bars
adapted from betty crocker
- 1 pouch (1 lb 1.5 oz) Betty Crocker® sugar cookie mix
- 1/3 cup butter softened
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 egg
- 1 cup seedless raspberry jam
- Heat oven to 350°F. Spray bottom of 8-inch square pan with cooking spray.
- In large bowl, stir cookie mix, butter, flour, and egg until dough forms. Press half of dough into bottom of pan; bake 15 minutes. Spread jam over base. Crumble remaining dough over jam.
- Bake 20 to 25 minutes or until golden brown. Cool completely, about 2 hours. For bars, cut into 5 rows by 5