i did not have a plan for dinner tonight — none at all. but i did have some ground turkey in the fridge. this recipe was super fast definitely under 30 minutes! i wasnt sure how mustard and cranberry sauce would taste mixed together, but it was really good! my favorite mustard is this maille dijon
Apple-Cheddar Turkey Burgers
adapted from rachael ray magazine
- 1 pound ground turkey breast
- 1.5 T dried onion (i used tastefully simple onion onion)
- 1 tablespoon grill seasoning
- 1 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil (EVOO)
- 1 apple, such as granny smith, cut into 12 slices
- 8 slices extra-sharp cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup whole-berry cranberry sauce
- 2 tablespoons grainy mustard
- 4 hamburger buns
- In a bowl, combine the turkey, onion, grill seasoning and poultry seasoning. Form into 4 patties, pressing your thumb into the center of each to prevent it from bulging.
- In a large skillet, heat the EVOO, 2 turns of the pan, over medium-high heat. Add the patties and cook for 6 minutes on each side for medium. Top each with 3 apple slices and 2 cheese slices, tent the pan with foil and cook until the cheese melts, 1 to 2 minutes.
- In a small bowl, mix together the cranberry sauce and mustard; slather on the bun tops, top with the patties and set the bun tops into place.