Since I hosted Thanksgiving there are leftovers to contend with. This recipe came in email at just the right time! it was pretty delicious! I’m not sure how i left out the pears????? and i didn’t have a jalapeno, but really it wasn’t missed!
Jack Quesadillas with Cranberry Salsa
adapted from cookinglight
- 1 cup whole-berry cranberry sauce
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons chopped green onions
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 Anjou pear, cored and finely diced (somehow totally forgot this!)
- 1 jalapeño pepper, seeded and minced (didnt have it)
- Cooking spray
- 1/4 cup (2-inch-thick) slices green onions
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Monterey Jack cheese with jalapeño peppers & cheddar cheese
- 8 (8-inch) flour tortillas
- 2 cups chopped cooked turkey
- 1/2 cup fat-free sour cream (left out)
- To prepare salsa, combine first 7 ingredients. Cover and chill.
- To prepare quesadillas, heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Coat pan with cooking spray. Add 1/4 cup sliced onions to pan; sauté 3 minutes or until tender. Remove onions from pan; reduce heat to medium. Sprinkle 2 tablespoons cheese over each of 4 tortillas. Top each cheese-covered tortilla with one-fourth of onions, 1/2 cup turkey, 2 tablespoons cheese, and 1 tortilla.
- Recoat pan with cooking spray. Add 1 quesadilla to pan; cook 2 minutes on each side or until lightly browned and cheese melts. Repeat with remaining quesadillas. Cut each quesadilla into 6 wedges. Serve with cranberry salsa and sour cream.