we love pizza, chicken and thai food — so when i came across this recipe i knew i had to make it! i used the pillsbury pizza crust and a costco rotisserie chicken. YUM
Thai Chicken Pizza
adapted from tastykitchen
- 1 whole Batch Of Your Favorite Pizza Dough, Rolled Out To About A 1/4 Inch
- 1 Tablespoon Fine Corn Meal
- ½ cups Sweet Asian Chili Sauce, Plus 1 Tablespoon For Drizzle
- 1 whole Shallot, Thinly Sliced
- 1 teaspoon Red Chili Flakes
- 1 cup Cooked Chicken Shredded
- ⅔ cups Shredded Mozzarella Cheese
- ¼ cups Chopped Peanuts
- 2 Tablespoons Fresh Cilantro
- 2 Tablespoons Fresh Basil
Preheat your oven to 500 degrees F with a pizza stone in the oven. If you do not have a pizza stone, put a large baking sheet in the oven (make sure to use one that is large enough to house your dough).
Lay the dough down on a pizza peel (if you have one) that’s covered with corn meal. Otherwise put the dough on a surface that you can use to slide the entire pizza onto the hot pizza stone or pan. The corn meal helps assist with the pizza dough – so it slides off easily.
Spread the Asian chili sauce on the surface of the dough. Not too thick, not too thin. Add the sliced shallots. Top with the red chili flakes and shredded chicken. Top with the cheese.
Using your pizza peel, place the pizza into the oven on your cooking surface (stone or pan) and cook for about 15 minutes, keeping an eye on your crust and toppings so they do not burn. Every oven is different.
Once the pizza dough is golden around the edges and the cheese is nice and bubbly, remove pizza from the oven.
Drizzle more of the Asian chili sauce over the top, top with the crushed peanuts and fresh cilantro. If you are feeling naughty, top it off with some fresh basil.
Slice and serve.