i still had some chicken left after i made the thai chicken pizza and mexican always sounds good. this picture really doesnt do the enchiladas justice. they were delicious!
White Chicken Enchiladas with Green Chili & Sour Cream Sauce
adapted from sixsisters
8 soft flour tortillas
2 cups cooked, shredded chicken
2 cups shredded mexican cheese
3 Tbsp. butter
3 Tbsp. flour
2 cups chicken broth
1 cup sour cream
1 (4 oz) can diced green chillies
2 Tbsp cilantro
1/2 tsp onion powder
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1/4 tsp black pepper
1/2 tsp Chili powder
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 9×13 pan using non-stick cooking spray.
2. Mix cooked chicken, chili powder and 1 cup of cheese together. Roll up in tortillas and place in pan.
3. In a medium sauce pan, melt butter, stir in flour and cook 1 minute. Add broth and whisk until smooth. Heat over medium heat until thick and bubbly.
4. Stir in sour cream, can of chilies, cilantro, black pepper, onion powder, and garlic powder. Make sure that you don’t bring this to a boil- you don’t want to have curdled sour cream!
5. Pour over enchiladas and top with remaining cheese.
6. Bake 20-22 minutes and then place under high broil for 3 min to brown the cheese.