i’m always looking for more banana recipes. for some reason NO ONE touched the bananas i bought on my last trip so of course i have to bake with them! these turned out delicious! even the husband liked them.. i used cupcake pans and got 12 out of the recipe!
Banana Coconut Muffins
Recipe from amandeleine
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 very ripe bananas, mashed (3/4 cup)
- 1 stick (1/2 cup) unsalted butter, melted
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 3/4 cup sweetened flaked coconut
- Put oven rack in middle position and preheat oven to 375°F. Line 8 muffin cups of a standard muffin tin with liners.
- Whisk together flour, baking powder, and salt in a bowl. Whisk together bananas, butter, sugar, egg, vanilla, and 1/2 cup coconut in a large bowl until combined well, then fold in flour mixture until flour is just moistened.
- Divide batter among lined muffin cups and sprinkle with remaining 1/4 cup coconut. Bake until muffins are puffed and golden, about 25 minutes. Transfer muffins to a rack and cool slightly.