these tacos were delicious! go make them now! i might use slightly less coleslaw mix, more Sriracha, and MORE shrimp 🙂 next time but otherwise it was delicious!!
Shrimp Tacos With Mango Slaw
adapted from foodnetwork
- 3 tablespoons reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Sriracha, plus more for serving
- 2 limes (1 juiced, 1 cut into wedges)
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 3/4 cup fresh cilantro
- 3/4 pound medium shrimp, peeled, deveined and halved crosswise
- 1 14-ounce package coleslaw mix
- 1 mango, peeled and sliced into thin strips
- 1/2 small red onion, thinly sliced
- Kosher salt
- 2 teaspoons evoo
- 4 hard taco shells
Make the dressing: Pulse the mayonnaise, Sriracha, lime juice, sugar, 1/4 cup cilantro and 1 tablespoon water in a mini food processor until smooth. (Or finely chop the cilantro and mix with the rest of the ingredients in a bowl.) Place the shrimp in a bowl and toss with 2 tablespoons of the dressing; set aside.
Roughly chop the remaining 1/2 cup cilantro. Toss with the coleslaw mix, mango, red onion and the remaining dressing. Season with salt.
Heat the oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add the shrimp and cook, stirring occasionally, until opaque, about 3 minutes. Transfer the shrimp to a plate.
Warm the taco shells as the label directs. Fill the shells with the shrimp and some slaw. Serve with the lime wedges and more Sriracha.