i had a bag of spinach that was begging to be used… when i asked the husband what he wanted for dinner he suggested a salad… so this recipe seemed appropriate… we both really enjoyed it and it was quite filling!
Spinach and Edamame Salad:
adapted from bevcooks
What it takes for 4 salads:
* 1 (14.5 oz) can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
* 1 (10 oz) bag of frozen edamame
* 1 cup dried cranberries
* 1/2 cup roasted pine nuts
* 1 bag baby spinach, divided
* 2 lemons, juiced
* 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
* coarse salt and freshly ground pepper
cook edamame according to package directions (i microwaved mine)
Once cooked, let cool about 5 minutes.
In a large bowl, toss the edamame with the chickpeas, dried cranberries, and pine nuts.
In a small bowl or jar, whisk or shake the lemon juice with the oil, along with a good pinch of salt and pepper. Voila, dressing.
Arrange 2-ish cups of spinach on a plate, and top with the edamame mixture. Dress the salad with the lemon dressing and….lunch!