YUM this dinner was really good — spinach, beans, shrimp & feta! great combination!!! a piece of texas toast added to the yumminess!
Tuscan White Beans with Spinach, Shrimp and Feta
adapted from skinnytaste
- 2 tsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 lb large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tsp chopped fresh sage
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 cup low sodium, fat-free chicken broth
- 15 oz can no-salt added cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 5 cups baby spinach
- 1 1/2 oz crumbled reduced-fat feta cheese
Heat 1 tsp oil in a large non-stick skillet over medium-high heat. Cook shrimp until just opaque, about 2 to 3 minutes. Transfer to a plate.
Heat remaining oil in the same skillet over medium-high heat and add onion, garlic and sage; cook 4 minutes stirring occasionally until golden. Stir in vinegar and cook 30 seconds.
Add broth, bring to a boil and cook 2 minutes. Stir in beans and spinach and cook until the spinach wilts, about 2 to 3 minutes.
Remove from heat and stir in shrimp. Top with feta cheese