my grocery store actually had chard that looked fresh this week 😉 so i bought some! this recipe was good but definitely missing something! i think it needs more than just lemon zest — some lemon juice would have probably been good! and definitely need to season the veggies when they’re cooking! the husband added more red pepper flakes to his servings!
Lemon-Scented Pasta With Swiss Chard & Ricotta
* 1 lb of pasta (use whatever you like)
* 1 large bunch chard, rinsed, dried, ribs removed, chopped and set aside, greens chopped into ribbons
* 1 large onion, chopped
* 4 cloves garlic, minced or pressed
* 1 tub (15 oz) ricotta cheese
* Zest of 1 large lemon
* A generous handful of pinenuts roasted
* A pinch of red pepper flakes
* Sea salt to taste
* Freshly ground black pepper to taste
* 3 Tbsps olive oil
1. Bring a large pot of water to boil for the pasta – once it boils add the pasta and cook until al dente.
2. Meanwhile, heat 2 Tbsps olive oil in a wide saucepan over medium heat. Once hot, add red pepper flakes, onions and chard ribs and sautee for around 4 minutes, stirring frequently until the onions become translucent. Add the garlic and sautee another 2 minutes or until the garlic becomes fragrant. Toss in the chard greens, stirring well to combine with the hot mixture in the pan, and sautee until wilted and bright green – another 2-3 minutes. Turn off the heat and set aside.
3. Drain the cooked pasta, rinse quickly with cold water, then return to the pot or place in whatever serving dish you plan to use and toss with a tablespoon of olive oil.
4. Add the chard mixture to the pasta and toss to combine. Top with the ricotta cheese, lemon zest, and pinenuts. Season with salt and pepper to taste and serve.