We love lemon squares here! These seemed like a nice change from regular lemon squares. These were delicious. We ate half the pan the first night 🙂 yum!
Coconut Lemon Squares
adapted from mybakingaddiction
For the Crust
2 cups all purpose flour
1 1/2 cups powdered sugar, divided
1 cup butter, room temperature
For the Filling
2 cups granulated sugar
4 large eggs
1/4 cup butter, melted
1/4 cup milk
zest of one large lemon (about 1 tablespoon)
1/4 cup lemon juice
1 tablespoon flour
1 tablespoon cornmeal
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup sweetened flaked coconut
1. Preheat oven to 350°F
2. Spray a 9×13 pan with cooking spray, set aside
3. Combine 2 cups flour, 1 cup powdered sugar and 1 cup butter in a large bowl. Using a pastry cutter combine the ingredients until they form a crumbly consistency.
4. Press into the bottom of the prepared pan. Bake 15-20 minutes until lightly golden.
5. Meanwhile in another bowl combine all the filling ingredients.
6. Pour filling over the baked crust and bake for an additional 25-30 minutes until center is set.
7. When done, place on wire rack and cool for at least 30 minutes. Sprinkle with remaining powdered sugar and cut into bars.