Apple pie bread. Need I say more? This was delicious. The original recipe called for shredding the apples. I chopped them instead.
Apple Pie Bread
adapted from cookies & cups
1/2 cup butter, softened
1 cup sugar
1/4 cup buttermilk
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon vanilla
2 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 cups chopped, peeled apple (about 4 medium)
1 cup chopped walnuts or pecans
1/2 cup raisins
1 Recipe Streusel-Nut Topping
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease the bottom and 1/2 inch up the sides of an 9x5x3-inch loaf pan; set aside.
2. In a large bowl, beat butter with an electric mixer on medium to high speed for 30 seconds. Beat in sugar until combined. Add buttermilk and baking powder; beat until combined. Add eggs and vanilla; beat until combined. Add flour and salt; beat until combined. Stir in apple, nuts, and raisins.
3. Spoon batter into prepared pan; spread evenly. Sprinkle Streusel-Nut Topping over batter. Bake for 60 to 65 minutes or until a wooden toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean.
4. Cool in pan on a wire rack for 10 minutes. Remove from pan. Cool completely on wire rack.
1/4 cup packed brown sugar
3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
2 tablespoons butter
1/3 cup chopped walnuts or pecans
1. In a small bowl, combine brown sugar and flour. Using a pastry blender, cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Stir in walnuts or pecans.
1/4 cup of Biscoff spread
3 Tbsp of milk
1 cup of powdered sugar.
healthy pinch of cinnamon
Mix that until it’s smooth and drizzle that all over the top…