another month, another secret recipe club assignment! this month i was assigned searching for dessert! a girl after my own heart with so many dessert recipes to choose from! lemon sticky rolls, cinnamon doughnuts, and inside out smores all looked delicious! ultimately i chose these crisped rice cookies. we had been invited to a barbecue yesterday and these were perfect to bring with us! they were devoured! super yum! everyone raved about them and not a crumb left 🙂 i used a whoopie pie pan and made 18 cookies!
crisped rice cookies
adapted from searching for dessert
– 1/2 cup cookie butter
– 1 cup white chocolate chips
– 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
– 4 cups crisped rice cereal (like Rice Krispies)
– 1/2 cup chocolate chips
– 2/3 cup marshmallow fluff
1. Melt cookie butter and white chocolate in a microwave safe bowl for about 30-40 seconds on high. Be careful not to “burn” or overheat the chocolate. When you are melting chocolate in a microwave you want to heat it, then stir it to help the rest of the pieces melt.
2. Stir in vanilla extract. Measure the crisped rice cereal into a medium bowl. Stir the cookie butter mixture into the cereal until completely coated. Stir in the chocolate chips (the mixture should be cool enough that they should not melt much).
3. Dollop the marshmallow fluff into the bowl in two or three spoonfuls then break it up with a spatula or spoon and stir the mixture to distribute the fluff.
4. Dividing the mixture evenly press it into a lightly greased muffin top pan. Let sit for 1-2 hours before eating if you want them to hold their shape the best. As they sit longer they set up better.