i love tuna steaks — tuna in a can not so much! this tuna was no exception… yum!
Soy-marinated grilled tuna
adapted from allparenting
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 1 (1-inch) piece fresh ginger, sliced
- 2 (6 ounces each) fresh ahi tuna steaks, about 1-inch each
- 1/2 teaspoon ground pepper
- 1 green onion, thinly sliced
- In a small bowl, whisk together the fresh lime juice, soy sauce and sesame oil. Pour the mixture into a large resealable plastic bag. Add the ginger slices.
- Season the ahi tuna steaks with pepper, transfer to the bag and seal the bag and marinate for 15 minutes. Take care not to marinate for any longer, otherwise the fish will start to “cook” in the marinade.
- Heat an oiled grill or grill pan over medium-high heat. Sear the fish until the desired degree of doneness is reached, about 2 minutes per side.
- Garnish with green onions