This was pretty yummy! it had a good mixture of flavors – spinach, mango, coconut, chicken 🙂 I’m a rebel i never rinse my quinoa and i think it comes out fine 😉
Thai Chicken Coconut Quinoa Bowls
adapted from fabtasticeats
- 1/2 cup light coconut milk
- 1 Tablespoon + 1/2 teaspoon lime juice
- 1/4 cup chili sauce
- 1/8 cup spicy peanut sauce
- 3 Tablespoons agave nectar
- 1 Tablespoon sesame oil
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 1/2 pounds Chicken breast (2 Large), sliced
For the Quinoa
- 1/2 cup quinoa, rinsed
- 1 cup light coconut milk
- 1 Tablespoon lime juice
- 1 cup fresh spinach
- 1 mango, chopped
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro
- 1 teaspoon coconut oil
- In a large bowl, or gallon sized ziplock bag, combine all the ingredients for the marinade, except for the chicken and mix well.
- Add the chicken and marinate in the fridge for 30-60 minutes.
- While the chicken is marinating, you can cook the quinoa. add it to a medium-sized saucepan, followed by the coconut milk, over medium-high heat.
- Bring the mixture to a boil, then reduce the heat to Low, cover and cook for 15 minutes.
- After 15 minutes, turn off the heat, remove from burner and allow it to sit for 5 more minutes.
- Remove cover, fluff it up, squeeze in the lime juice, toss to coat and set aside.
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat and melt 1 teaspoon of coconut oil. Add the chicken strips, reserve the marinade, and cook them 3-4 minutes on each side. Remove from the pan and set aside.
- In a small saucepan over medium high heat, add the reserved marinade. You’re going to cook out the chicken and reduce it down to a glaze by bringing it to a rolling boil, stirring occasionally, until the liquid reduces to about 1/4 cup and is thick and shiny.
- Add spinach, mango, cooked chicken, and the coconut quinoa. Sprinkle on some fresh cilantro, and drizzle the desired amount of glaze over the top. Divide onto plates (or bowls!) and serve!