YUM! i served this one over some quinoa! shrimp, black beans & avocado! YUM
BLACK BEAN BAKE WITH SHRIMP AND AVOCADO
adapted from inquiringchef
- 1 can black beans drained and rinsed
- 2/3 cup finely chopped red onion
- 1 jalapeno pepper minced
- 2 Tbsp. grated fresh ginger
- 1 tsp. ground coriander
- 2 and 1 tsp. ground cumin, divided
- 1 lb raw, medium sized shrimp (peeled and deveined)
- 1 tsp. chili powder
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tsp. vegetable oil
- 4 Tbsp. fresh lime juice
- 4 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- 1 avocado, diced
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Bake the black beans. In a lightly greased 8×8 baking dish, combine the black beans, red onion, pepper, ginger, ground coriander, and 2 teaspoon cumin. Stir well to evenly encorporate the ingredients and bake, uncovered, until the mixture is heated through and bubbling, about 25 minutes.
- Cook the shrimp. When the black beans have about 5 minutes left to cook, toss the shrimp in the remaining 1 teaspoon cumin, chili powder, and salt and pepper. Heat the vegetable oil in a large pan over high heat. When the oil begins to steam, add the shrimp. Cook the shrimp until pink and cooked through, about 2 minutes on each side.
- Add finishing touches. When the black beans are done cooking, remove from the oven and pour the cooked shrimp over the top. Top the dish with lime juice, cilantro, and diced avocado. Serve immediately.