Haven’t been posting much lately… No real reason Just lazy!
I bought some chicken sausage and didn’t feel like making some of my usuals with it.. so i scoured the internet and this recipe popped up. Don’t remember the last time i ate or made a carbonara! But this came out really good!
Spaghetti Carbonara with Chicken Sausage
adapted from cleaneating
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1/2 lb haricot verts
- 2 large shallots, sliced
- 1/8 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 tsp fresh ground black pepper, divided, plus additional to taste
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 3-oz links all-natural, cooked chicken sausage, diced
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- 1 box spaghetti
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Meanwhile, in a large nonstick skillet on medium-high, heat oil. Add haricot verts, shallots, salt and 1/8 tsp pepper and sauté for about 4 minutes, stirring frequently, until lightly browned. Add 1/3 cup water and cook for 3 to 4 minutes more, until veggies are crisp-tender and liquid evaporates. Reduce heat to low, add garlic and cook, stirring constantly, until garlic has softened, about 30 seconds. Transfer to a medium bowl.
- Increase heat to medium and add sausage to skillet. Cook for about 3 minutes, stirring frequently, until lightly browned and heated through. Add to bowl with haricot verts.
- In a small bowl, whisk eggs. Stir in 1/4 cup cheese and 1/8 tsp pepper; set aside. To boiling water, add pasta and cook al dente according to package directions. Drain and return pasta to pot, off of the heat. Immediately add egg mixture to hot pasta and stir vigorously until thickened and creamy, about 1 minute. Add veggie mixture and stir to combine. Season with additional pepper. Divide among serving bowls, top with remaining 1/4 cup cheese, dividing evenly.