Made a yummy bundt cake. Check it out
We’ve been getting zucchini every week in the csa, baking it seems like a great option! This bread was yum-o! Nice and light and delicious! Go bake it! Next time I would use less nutmeg!
Zucchini Coconut Bread
adapted from two peas and their pod
3/4 cup all-purpose flour
3/4 cup whole wheat flour
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
1 1/2 cups shredded zucchini (squeezed and drained in a paper towel)
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup granulated sugar
1/4 cup olive oil
1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt at room temperature
1 large egg, at room temperature
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 cup shredded sweetened coconut
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a 9×5 inch loaf pan and set aside.
2. In a large bowl, whisk together flours, baking soda, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, and nutmeg. Set aside.
3. In a separate large bowl, combine shredded zucchini, sugars, olive oil, yogurt, egg, and vanilla extract.
4. Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and stir until moistened. Stir in the shredded coconut.
5. Pour the batter into prepared pan. Bake for 50-60 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Let zucchini bread cool in pan for 10 minutes. Carefully remove the bread from the pan and cool completely before slicing.
Made some really good zucchini cherry muffins. Check them out!
I had gotten some zucchinis from the csa and had no idea what to do with them! Last year I made a frosted bars. This time I wanted to do something different. I found this recipe on allrecipes. It was ok when it was warm and just out of the oven, but when they weren’t gone a few days later we said goodbye to them!
adapted from allrecipes
3 cups all-purpose flour
2 cups white sugar
1 teaspoon salt
1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
1 teaspoon baking powder
2 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
3/4 cups vegetable oil
1/4 plain applesauce
3 cups grated zucchini
1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese
1/2 cup butter
2 cups confectioners’ sugar
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Lightly grease and flour 9×13 pan.
In a medium size bowl combine the flour, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon, white sugar, and salt. Mix well.
In another bowl beat eggs, vegetable oil, applesauce, and 1 teaspoon vanilla together. Pour into egg mixture into the flour mixture and mix well. Stir in the shredded zucchini. Pour batter into prepared pan.
Bake at 325 degrees F for 45-60 minutes. Allow cakes to cool in pan. frost using Cream Cheese Frosting.
To Make Frosting: Cream together the cream cheese, butter or margarine. Add the confectioner’s sugar, a little at a time. Add 2 teaspoons vanilla and mix well. Spread on cool cake.
to prep for the hurricane i decided to bake some sweets last night in case we lost power today. i had some zucchini to use up and none of the entree recipes i was finding didnt sound appealing to the husband. so i found a dessert recipe instead. these were really good! i feel like i was hiding the zucchini in there though.
Cinnamon Frosted Zucchini Bar Recipe:
adapted from shugary sweets:
3/4 cup butter, softened